Two points I wrote down in response to today’s reading.
- The prophesy of the Messiah (Jeremiah 23:5, 6), the True Shepherd, should be a model for all of His under-shepherds.
- Just (fair)
- Wisdom from God
- Do right/obedient to God
- Seeking the salvation of others
- Peace in our churches
- Given a new name because we had a real true encounter with our Lord (see Abram to Abraham; Jacob to Israel)
- Based on my reading of Jeremiah 23:21, 22
- You (I) can speak, you (I) can prophesy. It is all worthless if you (I) have not yet first stood in the council of my (our) Jesus! Knowledge and fancy words are not a substitute for spending time daily at the feet of Jesus!
Tomorrow’s Reading: Mark 13 & 14