Here are the most read blog posts on “Outside the Pulpit” in February 2013. If you missed one I hope you’ll read and enjoy.
- Dr. Ben Carson at the Presidential Prayer Breakfast. This first post was actually a most seen post and not a most read post since this is the video presentation of Dr. Ben Carson’s confrontational/powerful (depending on whom you are talking to) talk at the Presidential Prayer Breakfast. Some would call it, “Speaking truth to power!”
- Sorrows & Grief. This post I enjoyed writing than many others lately. It felt last year there were a lot of posts I wrote about the different challenges and conflicts taking place in the Adventist church which are still popular a year later, as you’ll see later in this list. But this post was my life and probably many others. A post that was born out of a moment when I was holding my two year old son thinking how hard it would be to see him one day go through heart break and the Spiritual lessons the Lord conveyed to me in those few moments.
- The 49ers Lost & That’s Okay. Did you hear the Niners lost the Super Bowl? Well I heard and watched it and for the first time ever in my life I was pretty much okay with one of my teams losing such a big game. You can read about my journey a little in this article.
- Thank You Morris Venden. My brief tribute to a man that taught so many of us about the grace of Jesus.
- The Superiority of Adventist Education. I wrote this over 2 years ago, but every now and then it still pops up in the top 10 of a month.
- Adventist Education: It is “Something Better”. And another on education. This one I wrote this past fall so not as surprising that it is still appearing at times in the top 10.
- Faster Pastor Episode #5: God & Sports. If I were a betting man I would have lost! You see we’ve done Faster Pastor episodes on politics & women’s ordination, and I would have thought those would have incurred the most outcry. But no, I was wrong. I’ve found that one is safer talking about a complicated issue that has great impact on the church or about issues that have great impact on the entire world, than dare challenging an individuals sports hobby. 🙂 Oh and yes, Faster Pastor will be back (we’ve had some inquiries) I just don’t know when. David is in Australia and Albert is in Guatemala. So we’ll see?
- Faster Pastor Episode #2: Unity in Diversity. This would be the one about Women’s Ordination, which seems like a really old topic now. But hey I guess some folk are still wanting to banter it around.
- In Defense of Ted. Wow this is a really old post about our General Conference President Ted Wilson. I just reread this post, I did after all write it over a year ago and opinions flux and feelings change. But I can honestly say that my feelings remain the same as this blog post states. I may have a few more issues or moments of variance, but the overall tenor and sentiment of the post remains what is in my heart.
- The Ellen G. White Quote Quota. I was glad to see this post back in the top ten. Maybe in the top ten for the first time if I remember correctly.
And here are the top ten cities of readership in February 2013:
- Visalia, CA
- Barrington, IL
- Prescott, AZ
- Fresno, CA
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Calhoun, GA
- Chattanooga, TN
- Milwaukee, WI
- Collegedale, TN
Thanks for reading y’all! Stay tuned for more future posts.